EPIS Respite and Residential Aged Care Manager
The Respite and Residential Aged Care Manager is a critical leadership role, working as part of the executive management team and accountable to the Chief Executive Officer of East Pilbara Independence Support (EPIS) – Newman.
The primary components of the role:
- To provide strategic and innovative leadership, governance, and direction for Respite and Residential Aged Care Services across EPIS in order to deliver the highest quality of care to older persons, through development and implementation of frameworks and systems, monitoring and evaluating clinical practice and service delivery standards to ensure exceptional service delivery across the aged care continuum.
- Facilitate partnerships in the delivery of aged care services to the region. The Respite and Residential Aged Care Manager is an integral member of the EPIS leadership team, and as such, is charged with responsibility of assisting the CEO in setting the direction and achieving the goals of EPIS’s Aged Care Services.
Newman is the largest town located within the Shire of East Pilbara.
It is a modern mining town that has enjoyed an amazing revitalisation over the past decade, making it one of the key cities in the Pilbara. It is currently home to more than 5,500 people who enjoy the benefits of this modern hub. If prospecting is your passion, then this is a great destination being rich in minerals.
Close to Newman, Nullagine was the site of Australia’s first diamond discovery and was a thriving town during the gold rush period of the 1880s. Remnants of that bygone era are still evident in the region. Marble Bar has a reputation for being Australia’s hottest town and is the gateway for the exploration of areas such as Coppins Gap, Kittys Gap, as well as Doolena and Carawine gorges. Karlamilyi National Park formerly Rudall River National Park, is rich in Aboriginal culture and has an abundance of wildlife. At 1,283,706 hectares, it is the largest national park in Western Australia, and one of the largest in the world. It is also one of the most remote places in the world, situated just 250 kilometres north-east of Newman.
Newman is the heart of the Pilbara and it beats loudly and powerfully in this unforgettable land – we can’t wait to see you here!
To be successful in this position, you will need to have:
- Registered Nurse DIV 1 – AHPRA Registered with 3+ years’ experience in Aged Care Management.
- Significant executive management experience in aged care.
- Comprehensive understanding of compliance and quality processes in aged care.
- Innovative leadership skills to build an empowered, positive team culture that is culturally appropriate.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and ability to develop a positive working relationship with external stakeholders and other government and nongovernment organisations.
- Solid understanding of good governance, continuous improvement, risk management and culturally competent and safe practice working with Aboriginal and other vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aged Care Assessment Program (ACAP), Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Home Care Program (HCP) and other Commonwealth Aged Care Reform initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary aged care service delivery issues in rural and remote areas including Aboriginal communities.
- Understanding of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services, and Occupational Health and Safety.
What you will receive:
In addition to working in a rewarding environment, you will be rewarded with:
- Salary of $120,000 plus superannuation
- Housing 2 x 2 in South Newman close to shops and restaurants (with generous subsidised contributions to water and electricity)
- Relocation expenses
- Salary packaging
- Mobile telephone and laptop
- Access to a pool vehicle for work-related use
- Provision of up to 2 x per annum economy return air flights to Perth
- 1-week additional annual leave
- The opportunity to have an influential role in a growing organisation